Read Our Latest Relocation News
Impacted locations by the 2024 Olympics: a practical guide for expatriates
The 2024 Olympics in Paris promise to be a spectacular event, captivating millions of spectators worldwide. However, for expatriates and those undergoing relocation, it is essential to understand the impact of this global event on different geographical areas of the City of Light and beyond.
Competition venues: at the heart of the action
The competition venues for the 2024 Olympics are spread throughout the Parisian region. As relocation experts, we provide you with a detailed guide to anticipate the changes that could affect your daily life.
1. Grand Paris: the epicenter of the Games
Grand Paris, with its iconic landmarks such as the Stade de France, will be the central point of the Olympics, especially as Seine-Saint-Denis hosts the Olympic and Paralympic Village. For expatriates living in this region, prepare for an electric atmosphere and a temporary increase in activity.
2. Paris center: where history and sport converge
Historical sites such as the Champ de Mars and the Trocadéro will be privileged witnesses to the opening and closing ceremonies. Expatriates residing in central Paris can expect unique festivities and an uptick in tourist activity.
3. Northern loop: a blend of sport and nature
Areas around Parc de la Villette and the Stade de France will host several competitions.
4. Eastern and Southern loop: diversity on display
Locations like the Bourget climbing site or the Vélodrome de Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines will host various Olympic disciplines.
Paris 2024 also brings the Games to the entire France. The football tournament takes place in six provincial stadiums: Bordeaux, Nantes, Lyon, Saint-Etienne, Nice, and Marseille. The finals of the men's and women's handball tournaments are held in Lille, as are the qualifying matches for the basketball tournaments, while sailing takes place on the Mediterranean in Marseille. For the first time in history, the Games also benefit the overseas territories, with the Teahupo'o site in Tahiti hosting the Olympic surfing competition on one of the world's most beautiful waves.
Tips for expatriates
• travel planning: anticipate traffic disruptions and temporary closures of certain areas. Plan your travels accordingly to avoid inconvenience.
• local participation: seize the opportunity to immerse yourself in the Olympic atmosphere by participating in local events and festivities. It's a unique opportunity to create memorable memories.
• communication with MMC: stay in touch with our relocation team for advice tailored to this specific situation.
The 2024 Olympics will bring a unique energy to Paris! As an expatriate, anticipating these changes and actively engaging in the Olympic atmosphere will contribute to making this period memorable. Our team is here to guide you at every step of this exciting journey.
Contact us below for more information.